Welcome to AMECA 2020
It gives us a great pleasure to invite you all you all on behalf of the Scientific Committee and the International Steering Committee to the 8th Africa and Middle East Congress on Addiction (AMECA). We are so proud to have this conference be held in the Morocco and particularly in the beautiful coastal city of Agadir, Dec 3 to 5, 2020.
The 8th AMECA congress will be hosted by Agadir Ibn Zohr University and Medical School of Agadir and will be supported in part by the University of Minnesota (USA).
The congress will focus on the theme of ‘Addictive Behaviors as a Public Health Challenge.” The program will include a rich agenda with multiple sessions and symposia in addition to multiple plenary presentations. These sessions cover a wide range of scientific and clinical issues related to addiction in the context of the following four subthemes:
- Treatment approaches to addiction and related mental health problems
- Addiction services in primary cares settings
- Prevention and treatment of tobacco addiction
- Health care policies related to addiction prevention and treatment
- Community and population research in addiction and related health problems
We look forward to welcoming you all in Agadir, Morocco, in December 2020
Chair, Organizing Committee
Chair, AMECA Scientific Committee